The University of La Verne understands the needs of the military student. For more than 45 years, we have been serving our military members stationed at Vandenberg AFB and the surrounding community. We offer accelerated degree programs in a flexible, military-friendly learning environment. La Verne appreciates the distinct needs and challenges inherent with military service and is committed to serve our military students and help them achieve their educational goals. As a La Verne military student, you enjoy a highly competitive military tuition rate, as a graduate, you enjoy the respect and recognition of a nationally-ranked, world-class university.
- Tuition for undergraduate classes is $250 per semester hour. Federal financial aid is available.
- Tuition for graduate classes is $375 per semester hour. Federal financial aid is available.
Effective Fall 2017, the military rate applies only to active duty personnel admitted to Naval Base Ventura County (formerly Point Mugu) and Vandenberg. Students not in an active status with the military who are admitted to one of our military sites, will be assessed according to the rates listed above. Current students not in active status with the military who were admitted prior to Fall 2017, are eligible to receive the military rate through the Summer 2019 term.
Upcoming Term Information
- Winter 2018 Term: Jan 8 – Mar 18, 2018
- Spring 2018 Term: Mar 26 – Jun 3, 2018
- Summer 2018: Jun 11 – Aug 19, 2018
Advising begins on a prospective student’s first visit to the regional campus or satellite location. Our admissions representatives explain all aspects of our degree programs and empower students to decide whether a La Verne program is right for them. Prospective undergraduates are encouraged to request a preliminary assessment of their prior course work before applying for admission. This evaluation provides an estimate of how many more courses and how much more time will be required to graduate.
After Applying for Admission
Your admission representatives will help you with the admission process, partner with you to plan your courses, and answer any questions as you progress toward graduation.
Class flexibility allows students to work full time as they complete their degree, while small classes create the atmosphere needed to learn from professors and peers.
Personal attention from La Verne staff members means you will never feel like a number; there is always someone with whom you can speak.
These programs follow an accelerated term schedule:
- University of La Verne Vandenberg AFB is open to all active duty, dependent, Veteran, DOD and civilian employees with base access. Others should contact the La Verne office for guidance on current access policies. Access to the base is a privilege and may or may not be granted to civilians and may be revoked at any time.
Driving Directions and Parking
- From the 101 south: Exit 140 A, CA-246. Turn left onto CA 246 towards Lompoc, CA. Continue on CA-246 for approximately 18 miles. Turn right onto Purisima Road. This will become CA- 1. Continue for approximately 7 miles until you reach Vandenberg Air Force Base located on the left.
- From the 101 North: Exit 164, Clark Avenue. Turn right onto Clark Avenue. Continue on Clark Avenue for approximately 3 miles. Turn left onto CA-135 S. Take CA -1. Continue for approximately 5 miles until you reach Vandenberg Air Force Base.
- Once you have base access: Enter in the main gate on California Avenue. At the fork, veer to the right. Turn right onto Utah Avenue. The main office is located at 641 Utah Avenue Building 13640, Suite 230. We have 4 designated classrooms within the VAFB Education Center complex.
- Parking is available in the lots connected to the VAFB Education Center. A permit is not required.
- Service members Opportunities School (SOC)
- Council of Civilian and Military Educators (CCME)
P.O. Box 5578
Vandenberg AFB, CA 93437
Direct Dial: 805-734-6220
Office Extension: 6220
641 Utah Ave
Building 13640, Suite 230
Vandenberg AFB, CA 93437
Senior Executive Director
Test Administration Coordinator
Direct Dial: 805-788-6202
Office Extension: 6202
Direct Dial: 805-734-6224
Office Extension: 6224