For over 20 years, the Burbank Campus has managed accelerated degree programs at COC in business, organizational management and more recently, in Accounting, Child Development and Educational Studies.
Additionally, the University of La Verne has offered graduate degree/credential programs at College of the Canyons. Upon completion of the degree programs, University of La Verne confers the Master’s degree. Upon completion of a credential program, the University of La Verne will recommend you for certification with the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- Tuition for undergraduate classes is $610 per semester hour. Estimated cost of degree is $26,840. Grants, scholarships, and Federal financial aid is available.
- Tuition for graduate classes is between $765-795 per semester hour. Estimated cost of degree is $29,835-36,570. Federal financial aid is available.
- Summer 2016 Term: Jun 6 – Aug 14, 2016
- Fall 2016 Term: Aug 29 – Nov 6, 2016
- Winter 2017 Term: Jan 3 – Mar 13, 2017
- Spring 2017 Term: Mar 20 – May 28, 2017
Advising begins on a prospective student’s first visit to the regional campus or satellite location. Our advisors explain all aspects of our degree programs and empower students to decide whether a La Verne program is right for them. Prospective undergraduates are encouraged to request a preliminary assessment of their prior course work before applying for admission. This evaluation provides an estimate of how many more courses and how much more time will be required to graduate.
After Applying for Admission
Your admission representatives will help you with the admission process, partner with you to plan your courses, and answer any questions as you progress toward graduation.
- The Academic Merit Scholarship is for undergraduate students with a strong scholastic record from previously attended colleges and universities. Click here to learn more. Speak with the campus admission representative for details.
- The New Teacher Initiative Scholarship (for undergrads) is available to those who qualify. Click here to learn more. Speak with the campus admission representative for details.
Class flexibility allows students to work full-time as they complete their degree, while small classes create the atmosphere needed to learn from professors and peers.
Personal attention from La Verne staff members means you will never feel like a number; there is always someone with whom you can speak. Through this partnership program, the students can complete one of many credential/degrees at College of the Canyons.
- Master of Business Administration for Experienced Professionals, M.B.A.
- Master of Science, Leadership and Management, MSLM.
- M.Ed. Special Emphasis
- M.S. Special Education Studies
- M.S. Educational Counseling/Pupil Personnel Services: School Counseling Credential
- M.Ed. Educational Leadership, with a concentration in Administrative Leadership, including the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
- M.Ed. Educational Leadership, with a concentration in Instructional Leadership
When Do The Classes Meet?
Most University of La Verne classes meet one night per week and on alternate Saturdays. We operate on a 10-week accelerated term. Classes generally meet from 5:00 PM – 9:30 PM for the week night classes and 9 am to 6 pm on alternate Saturdays for the Saturday classes. Students take two classes per term depending on the program of study designed for their cohort. Some classes may be offered partially or fully online, reducing the number of hours in the classroom each week. There are four 10-week terms per year.
How Are The Classes Scheduled?
Classes are scheduled for cohorts of students who begin their program together, take their classes together, and then finish together. Cohorts begin when a sufficient number of qualified students complete the Application for Graduate Admission and are admitted to the university.
Driving Directions and Parking
Charles Masterson (Graduate Education Programs and Credentials)
Associate Director of Admissions
(805) 981-6027 or email@example.com.
Gabriela Marquez (Undergraduate Education Programs)
Assistant Director of Admissions
(909) 448-4327 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Debra Hrboka (Undergraduate and Graduate Business Programs)
Senior Associate Director of Admissions
(818) 295-6508 or email@example.com.
College of the Canyons
26455 Rockwell Canyon Rd.
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
2015-2016 Academic Calendar
10-Week Accelerated Term Schedule
|Fall Term 2015||August 31 – November 8|
|Winter Term 2016||January 4 – March 13|
|Spring Term 2016||March 21 – May 29|
|Summer Term 2016||June 6 – August 15|