The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) leads and supports initiatives that promote equity and inclusion, develops and improves collaborative relationships, cultivates a community that encourages and supports a climate that affirms diverse cultures, and advocates for equitable policies, procedures and opportunities for the University of La Verne campus community.
In alignment with the University of La Verne’s core values and strategic plan, the ODEI is dedicated to supporting a diverse community and inclusive environment where students, faculty, and staff respect each other and value the life experiences and viewpoints of others. While great strides have been made over the years to build an inclusive and welcoming culture, we know that there is more we can do. The following areas of opportunity will guide the ODEI initiatives and journey to support the campus community:
- Creating a more inclusive climate and experience by improving education and training, cultural understanding, programming and support for curriculum integration.
- Recruiting and retaining more diverse faculty, staff, and student persons.
- Cultivating a culture of trust and collaboration where the campus as a whole works together to ensure a holistic diversity and inclusion agenda across the university community.
- Encouraging dialogue across identity differences to promote development, understanding, reflection, and respect.
- Identifying and removing barriers across programs and services to increase equitable practices.
These ongoing efforts will help to promote a more inclusive environment, strengthen our community, and better prepare our students for life in a diverse society after their time at the University of La Verne. We are #LeosTogether on this journey and we will be successful with your support. Thank you for your commitment!
Connect with the Office of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion on Instagram @Diversity_ULV and keep us in the loop on your diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts by using #LeosTogether on your posts.