The Academic Success Center provides free one-on-one and group peer tutoring to graduate and undergraduate students in a wide variety of courses and subjects. Students can get up to three (3) hours of tutoring per subject each week. Our Peer & Graduate Consultants in all subjects are available for remote tutoring appointments.
Types of Appointments
The ASC is here to support your remote learning needs! We offer remote tutoring via two options, as indicated in our appointment system:
- Online – synchronous appointments, where you meet with your consultant in real-time using a combination of WC Online, Google Docs, Zoom, and/or Webex.
- Recommended for learners who benefit from live interaction & discussion
- E-Tutoring – asynchronous appointments, where there is no real-time meeting; instead, you upload an assignment along with your questions, struggles, etc., and receive feedback straight to your ULV email
- Recommended for learners who can articulate their own needs and challenges, and who have busy schedules
Once you make your appointment, you will receive a confirmation email with more detailed instructions on how to complete your appointment.
- How to make an appointment: FAQ Instructions
- Introduction to the online meeting room: PDF Instructions
The Academic Success Center facilitates subject-specific group tutoring sessions. These sessions help students engage with course concepts collaboratively to reach deeper understandings of the materials. Group projects, such as collaborative research papers, are also great fits for our group tutoring services.
To find out more information or to schedule your group tutoring session, call (909) 448-4342, or fill out the request form. For additional information about group tutoring, read answers to frequently asked questions.