Topher Davis Jr.
Asst Prof, Writing Spec
Christopher (Topher) S. Davis, Jr. joined the full-time faculty of the College of Law and Public Service in 2020. Prior to joining the faculty at La Verne Law, Professor Davis practiced law out of his own firm, which was named Best Law Firm by the Duluth News Tribune for both 2019 and 2020. In his practice, Professor Davis focused on business law, estate planning, municipal law, real estate law, and civil litigation. Professor Davis also previously taught as an Adjunct Professor at the University of Wisconsin-Superior. Professor Davis is a licensed attorney in both California and Minnesota.
- University of La Verne College of Law and Public Service: Juris Doctor
- University of La Verne College of Business: Master of Business Administration
- The College of St. Scholastica: Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Management
- Davis, Christopher, Jr., Malagrinò, Dylan Oliver, HOLD YOUR FIRE: THE INJUSTICE OF NCAA SANCTIONS ON INNOCENT STUDENT ATHLETES, Virginia Sports and Entertainment Law Journal, Vol. 11, Issue 2, Spring 2012, 423-459.
- Davis, Christopher, Jr., Malagrinò, Dylan Oliver, THE MYTH OF THE “FULL RIDE”: CHEATING OUR COLLEGIATE ATHLETES AND THE NEED FOR ADDITIONAL NCAA SCHOLARSHIP-LIMIT REFORM, Oklahoma Law Review, Vol. 65, No. 4, Summer 2013, 605-643.
Awards / Honors
- Duluth News Tribune Top 20 Under 40 Award: 2020
- Minnesota State Bar Association North Star Attorney: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Leadership Duluth Graduate, Class of 2017
- NorthShore Inline Marathon, Board Member: 2016-2020
- Hermantown Area Chamber of Commerce, Board Member: 2016-2020; President: 2018
To explore the scholarship and creative works of University of La Verne faculty, please visit the Research Works profiles hosted by Wilson Library.