The American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC), in participation with the University of La Verne Department of Extended Learning (LVEL) is offering the AAPC Certified Professional Biller (CPB™) Certificate Program. AAPC’s CPB™ curriculum is a blended and fully integrated program, allowing participants to complete 88 hours of class room instruction and 25 hours of online learning in preparation for the AAPC’s CPB certification examination. This program will teach participants the principles of medical billing related to the three main code books: CPT® , ICD-10- CM Code Set and HCPCS Level II.
In this program students will be introduced to health insurance, reimbursement, the health insurance industry, legal and regulatory issues and differences in reimbursements methodologies. Students will learn the principles of medical billing related to proper claim form preparation, submissions, payment processing and the follow up process.
Who Should Attend
This program is recommended for anyone who is preparing for a career in medical billing for a physician’s office, clinic, or similar positions and is strongly recommended for anyone who is preparing for AAPC’s CPB™ certification exam.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy (or AAPC courses) strongly recommended.
- Receive instruction from an AAPC certified Instructor (CPB™ CPBI™)
- Network with medical Billing professionals
- Receive certificate from the University of La Verne upon completion
- Voucher for AAPC’s Certified Professional Biller certification(CPB™) exam
- Demonstrate the ability to use the CPT®, ICD-10-CM Code Set, and HCPBS Level II code books and apply medical necessity standards.
- Explain the follow up process for A/R in a physician’s office, including the top denials by insurance carriers along with their appeals process.
- Explain the process of physician-based insurance claim including obtaining patient data, claim form completion, instance carrier processing and payment received.
- Understand the legal regulatory considerations involved in health care reimbursements and collections.
- Review an introduction to healthcare from a medical billing perspective
- List variety of health insurance models and how they affect medical entities.
Completing the Program
- An attempt of all required assignments
- A passing score of 70% or higher on all chapter exams
- A passing score of 70% or higher on the final exam
- An overall final course score of 70% or higher