Through a partnership between the University of La Verne and APICS, professionals can now register to participate in the APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) program. This course helps demonstrate knowledge and organizational skills for developing more streamlined operations.
The APICS CSCP designation is the most widely recognized educational program designed for operations and supply chain management professionals around the world. Designed to develop mastery of end-to-end supply chain management best practices, earning the APICS CSCP designation demonstrates significant commitment to your professional preparation, distinction as an industry expert, and acquisition of specialized knowledge. The APICS CSCP designation has been earned by more than 21,000 professionals in 94 countries worldwide and is the standard in global supply chain education.
The CSCP Designation
- is the most widely recognized educational program for operations and supply chain management professionals around the globe;
- is a designation that is sought by thousands of employers and recruiters; and
- provides you with a mastery of supply chain management best practices and distinguishes you as an industry expert with specialized, high-level knowledge and skills.
Why you should earn a CSCP Designation
APICS CSCP education is essential if you are:
- interested in increasing your knowledge and expertise in the field of global supply chain management, specifically in the areas of customer relations, international trade, information technology enablement, and physical logistics
- consulting or facilitating supply chain functions or working with enterprise resources planning (ERP) systems
- creating a common standard of understanding, vocabulary, resources, and frameworks within your company to address your supply chain challenges and opportunities.
An APICS CSCP designation will help you:
- master the necessary tools to effectively manage global supply chain activities, including suppliers, plans, distributors, and customers around the globe;
- acquire the skills needed to create consistency and foster collaboration through best practices, common terminology, and corporate communication;
- understand how to use ERP systems and other technologies to improve the entire supply chain process;
- maximize your organization’s ERP investments by millions of dollars; and
- increase your professional value and secure your future.
Conducted in an interactive instructor led format (Approximately 40 hours in classroom instructor led sessions plus approximately 30 hours via an online course including reading various topics, taking tests, flash cards all supporting the content discussed in class). Total of 70 program hours. Online hours can be done at any location including home on your own time.
Upon completion, students acquire knowledge in Fundamentals of Supply Chain Management (Key Concepts, Alignment with Business Strategy, Supply Chain Design and Improvement, Market Segmentation, Demand Planning, Customer Relationships) Supply Chain Strategy, Design, and Compliance (Sustainability, Risk Management, Globalization, Logistics, Technology and Information Systems, Influencing Demand, Prioritizing Demand, Regulations and Standard Compliance Rules for North America and International, Inventory Planning and Control) and Implementation (Supply Chain Dynamics, Managing Supply from Internal and External Sources, Implementation of Demand Plans, and Continuous Improvement).
The course will comply with the APICS program and vocabulary necessary to approve the certification test CSCP, which is the most sought out designation for Supply Chain Management in the industry. The students can opt to take said test to receive the APICS recognition as well.
“Course content reflects the general body of knowledge tested by APICS. This course of study can in no way guarantee or ensure an individual’s success on APICS credentialing exams.”