This certificate program is conducted in a fully integrated format that provides greater continuity across the knowledge areas and tailors the time spent on each topic to be consistent with the level of content and complexity. This program teaches participants how to run projects using PMBOK© methodology as well as cover all the process groups and knowledge areas covered on the PMP© exam. Our online prep course provides individuals with the minimum contact hours of education required by PMI©. For those that are new to project management, we highly recommend you take our CAPM focused class and prepare to take the CAPM exam offered by PMI.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone who wants to master the critical skills of project management as a way to improve project success and/or advance their career. Skills and concepts learned in class can be applied immediately in your job. Emphasis is on practical skills and tools utilizing relevant case studies from numerous industries.
- Anyone interested in preparing to take the PMP Exam can become familiar with the exam content and the strategy for taking the exam in order to become more marketable in today’s economy or increasing their earnings potential.
Features and Benefits
- PMP©, PMBOK©, and PMI© are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute.
- According to PMI’s Salary Survey, “the PMP credential increases your salary by up to 10%.”
- Modules in this certificate program are eligible for one (1) Professional Development Unit (PDU) from PMI for each hour of class attendance.
- All required course materials are included at no additional cost. Each participant will receive textbooks prepared by PMI-approved Registered Education Provider.
You Will Learn
- Globally recognized project management tools, techniques, terminology and best practices for running small and large projects utilizing case studies from a wide variety of industries.
- PMI’s requirements for taking the PMP Exam if participant decides to do so.
Completing the Program
- Attend all program sessions and and successfully complete the program including exam on the last day.
|Management Framework||The application of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project activities to meet the project requirements.|
|Integration Management||The processes and activities needed to identify, define, combine, unify, and coordinate the various processes and project management activities within the Project Management Process Groups.|
|Scope Management||The processes required to ensure that the project includes all the work required, and only the work required, to complete the project successfully.|
|Schedule Management||The processes required to manage timely completion of the project.|
|Cost Management||The processes involved in planning, estimating, budgeting, financing, funding, managing and controlling costs so that the project can be completed within the approved budget.|
|Quality Management||The processes and activities of the performing organization that determine quality policies, objectives, and responsibilities so that the project will satisfy the needs for which it was undertaken.|
|Resources Management||The processes that organize, manage, and lead the project team.|
|Communications Management||The processes that are required to ensure timely and appropriate planning, collection, creation, distribution, storage, retrieval, management, control, monitoring, and the ultimate disposition of project information.|
|Risk Management||The processes of conducting risk management planning, identification, analysis, response planning, and controlling risk on a project.|
|Procurement Management||The processes necessary to purchase or acquire products, services, or results needed from outside the project team.|
|Stakeholder Management||The processes required to identify all people or organizations impacted by the project, analyzing stakeholder expectations and impact on the project, and developing appropriate management strategies for effectively engaging stakeholders in project decisions and execution.|
Introduction – What is a project?
“PMI”, “PMP”, “PgMP”, “CAPM”, “PMI-ACP”, “PMI-RCP”,”PMBOK Guide” and the PMI Registered Education Provider Logo are trademarks of Project Management Institute, Inc.