The Application Process

Our bachelor’s degrees for adult learners are designed for working professionals and nontraditional students.

If you are an “independent student,” which could be defined as you being at least 24 years of age or married or if you have legal dependents (children) or are a military veteran or in active military duty, you will be applying as an undergraduate adult learner.

We’ve streamlined our admissions process for maximum convenience. When evaluating an adult learner application, our admissions committee is looking to see if the applicant:

  • has a high school diploma or equivalent if transferring 28 or fewer college-level units;
  • supplies all official transcripts for all colleges and universities previously attended, in addition to documentation for work experience and military service, if applicable; and
  • has a minimum previous college GPA of 2.00 or higher.

When to Apply

Although the University of La Verne is on rolling admission, we recommend that you complete your application at least two months before the academic term starts. This will allow plenty of time for you to receive an admission decision and take care of financial aid, class registration, and other enrollment tasks.

Academic Term Aim to Have Your Application Complete By
Fall Term (August and October starts) June 1
Spring Term (January and April starts) December 1
Summer Term (June start) April 1

How to Apply

Apply to the University of La Verne through our application platform:

Start MY Application

Application Requirements

To apply, complete the requirements below. All application materials become property of the university upon receipt.

  1. Application for Admission.
  2. Application Fee. Submit a non-refundable $50 application fee (paid at time of application submission).
  3. Transcripts. We’ll need transcripts from all colleges or universities where you have attended. If you plan to transfer with fewer than 28 credits we’ll need your official high school transcripts as well. Submit your transcripts to the Office of Admission.
  4. Additional Documents (Optional). Submit any paperwork or forms required for evaluation if you are seeking transfer credit.

After You Apply

Do you need to update an existing application or check your admission status? Log in to the application portal.