Transferring Credits for Adult Learners

We know returning to school is a big decision. If you’ve taken some college courses in the past, they may count toward your bachelor’s degree at the University of La Verne. As an adult learner, you may be able to transfer credits from a variety of sources, including:

Credits From Previous College Coursework

The University of La Verne will accept up to a maximum of 88 transfer credits from a regionally accredited college or university toward a bachelor’s degree and 40 credits toward an associate’s degree.

Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)

If you earned an Associate Degree for Transfer (an Associate in Arts for Transfer or an Associate in Science for Transfer) from a California Community College, you may transfer your degree in full to University of La Verne to satisfy all general education and certain major requirements, excluding the La Verne Experience.

Apply for a Transfer Admission Guarantee

If you attended one of the many California Community Colleges that has a Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) with the University of La Verne, you will be guaranteed admission if you meet all of the requirements of the TAG.

Other Credit Sources

  • Advanced Placement (AP)
  • International Baccalaureate (IB)
  • General Certificate of Education Advanced-Level (GCE A-Level)
  • College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
  • DSST exams
  • Dual-enrollment and vocational courses you took as a high school student
  • Military experience
  • Challenging Exams
  • Courses that meet American Council on Education/Program On Noncollegiate Sponsored Instruction (ACE/PONSI) standards, including military and corporate training

After you apply and are admitted, our advisors will review and evaluate all of your coursework, transcripts, and documents to determine how they will be applied toward your degree.

Start my Application