Make the transfer to the University of La Verne an easy one by participating in the Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG). The University of La Verne is perennially named as one of the top private, four-year universities in California for the number of transfer students admitted from California Community Colleges.
- Complete and sign the TAG application form.
- When you are ready to transfer to La Verne, complete an online application.
A La Verne admission representative will contact you to assist you through the admission process.
Students participating in TAG are afforded the following services/benefits:
- A waiver of the application fee.
- Guaranteed admission to the University of La Verne provided the student meets all requirements listed in “Student Eligibility Requirements” section below.
- Access to a La Verne Admissions Counselor/Academic Advisor to inform and guide the student about the requirements to earn a bachelor’s degree from University of La Verne.
- Access to a designated Financial Aid advisor at La Verne. TAG students are eligible for the same financial aid that is available to other students who matriculate to the same La Verne program/campus.
- Courses from Partner College that have been approved to fulfill the requirements of CSU-GE (California State University General Education) or IGETC (Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum) will be accepted to meet like General Education requirements at La Verne provided a grade of C- or better has been earned. However, it is important TAG students work closely with their La Verne admission representative to ensure for a seamless transfer.
- TAG Scholarship:
- Students attending La Verne’s Campus Accelerated Program for Adults (CAPA) on the La Verne Campus, one of the Regional Campuses (campuses on military bases are excluded), or La Verne Online: a TAG scholarship will provide tuition reduction for your entire degree program.
- Traditional Age students attending at the La Verne campus: one-time $1,000 TAG scholarship is applied towards the tuition costs of their first semester at La Verne in addition to the standard financial aid packages available to other students who matriculate to the La Verne campus.
Student Eligibility Requirements
- Complete a La Verne TAG application while enrolled at the community college.
- TAG students are eligible to transfer to La Verne using the TAG agreement once they complete a minimum of 28 semester hours of transferable coursework at participating community college with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 and the completion of a college-level English course. Adult students wishing to transfer to CAPA, one of the seven regional campuses (campuses on military bases are excluded), or La Verne Online who do not meet these requirements will be considered for admission but would not be eligible for the TAG scholarship.
- Submit a University of La Verne application for admission and meet all the admission requirements for the degree program and the campus for which he/she is applying that are articulated in La Verne catalog in effect at the time of their TAG admission
- Declare a major at the time of application to the University of La Verne.
- Transfer to La Verne the semester immediately following their attendance at the Partner College, summer term excluded. If enrollment at La Verne in the subsequent term is not possible, the student is eligible to apply for a new TAG when he/she returns to Partner College.
- TAG students must matriculate at La Verne within two (2) years of the TAG admission. If matriculation takes place after two years, TAG students must reapply for admission and follow the catalog requirements in effect at the time of readmission.
Procedures and Timelines
- The priority deadline to submit a TAG application and a University of La Verne application to the traditional-aged undergraduate programs on the La Verne campus is December 1 for admission to the following spring semester and April 1 for admission to the following fall semester.
- Priority deadline to submit a TAG application and a University of La Verne application for the CAPA program (Campus Accelerated Program for Adults on the La Verne Campus), for one of the Regional Campuses (campuses on military bases are excluded), or La Verne Online is 60 days prior to the start of the term/semester for which they intend to matriculate.
- However, the University of La Verne will continue to accept and admit TAG students until the start of each semester/term upon availability of space and adequate time to complete the TAG admission process.