Geared toward experienced professionals wanting to reach the next stage of their careers and individuals seeking out a rigorous, skills-based graduate degree, the online MS in Leadership and Management program prepares graduates to become effective and efficient future leaders for all types of companies and organizations.
The structure, curriculum, and objectives introduce key business and management principles while encouraging students to find success on their own terms:
- The 100 percent online format factors in the fast-paced, global business environment of the 21st century, making it easy and convenient to earn a degree while managing work and personal responsibilities.
- The curriculum touches on integral organizational, management, decision-making, and problem-solving strategies for building and leading teams.
- A selection of concentrations opens up opportunities for acquiring specialized, advanced management skills.
- Beyond theories, the program stresses the importance of real-world skills including how to develop initiative, manage group dynamics, create organizational change in complex settings, motivate employees through all levels, and create a culture of innovation.
- Concepts introduced through the master’s in leadership and management curriculum apply across a range of roles and industries, while the program’s structure is easily customized to your career goals.
Flexible Online Format
For many working adults, returning to school via the traditional method isn’t realistic. La Verne Online specifically designed its MS in Leadership and Management to fit your schedule, helping you gain the necessary skills to advance in your field:
- Asynchronous course formats let you review lectures whenever you’re able, as long as you have an internet connection.
- La Verne’s on-campus instructors teach all of the courses online.
- Classes require a high degree of involvement, through weekly assignments, projects, and exams. Blackboard creates a channel for collaborating with your classmates.
- If you want to connect with others face-to-face, you have the option to take courses in person at campuses that offer the program, including Bakersfield, Burbank, Irvine, La Verne, Naval Base Ventura County, Ontario, and Vandenberg Air Force Base.
- On-campus support services can be accessed through phone and video conference meetings, including financial aid counseling, academic advising, the library, the Career Center, the Academic Success Center, the Sara and Michael Abraham Center for Veteran Student Success, and other programs.
The program requires 33 semester hours, or 36 semester hours for those who did not major in management or a similar area as an undergraduate. Basic computer and business knowledge is expected for the program, and for a refresher or introduction, MGMT 500 Management: Theory and Practice must be taken before proceeding on to more advanced coursework.
To learn more, review the complete curriculum, including core and all concentration offerings.
View the latest requirements for the leadership and management program here.
Ready to Apply?
La Verne’s online master’s degree in leadership and management starts year round; join the next cohort today!Apply Now
Do you have questions?
Connect with one of our admissions counselors.Contact Us