Now is a great time to invest in your future!
Houston Police Officers’ Union (HPOU) and the University of La Verne have teamed up to encourage employees to enhance their academic, professional and personal lives through higher education. The University of La Verne offers a broad spectrum of accelerated degree programs specifically designed for working adults, featuring dynamic, hands-on learning presented in a personalized manner by experienced faculty. The knowledge, skills and confidence gained will give you “The La Verne Advantage,” allowing you to achieve more than you ever imagined.
Coursework at the University of La Verne is intended to provide maximum convenience and flexibility for the busy adult learner. It is designed to facilitate transition from theory to practice, allowing you to take what you learn in the classroom and directly apply it into your workday. In addition, employees have even more available features and benefits; University of La Verne is:
- Eligible HPOU employees receive tuition awards for most La Verne programs.
- Financial aid is available to eligible students.
- La Verne offers accelerated degree programs for working professionals; 10-week terms, four times per year.
- Classes can be taken onsite, online, or at one of La Verne’s nine campuses
- Students receive personal one-on-one academic advisement throughout their program.
- La Verne offers caring, knowledgeable student-centered faculty and staff.
- La Verne students have access to the full range of university benefits, services, athletic and cultural events.
Founded in 1891, the University of La Verne is a private, not-for-profit institution accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges (WASC).