- Complete the Request for Accommodations form available at the following link: Accommodations Request
- For psychological concerns, in addition to the Accommodations Request, please complete the following form available at the following link: Certification of a Psychological Disability.
- Please email email@example.com or call 909-448-4938 to request accessible formats of the Accommodations Request Packet
- The student will be notified in writing within one week if the request and documentation provided is complete, or if additional information is needed. When the request is complete, it will be forwarded to the Chair of the Accommodations Review Committee for consideration at the next scheduled meeting (the Committee meets monthly during the academic year). If accommodations are necessary before the next scheduled meeting, the Director of Accessibility Services will make a temporary decision regarding the accommodation(s) requested and will call the Accommodations Review Committee for an unscheduled meeting within three (3) weeks. Once the Committee has reviewed the accommodations packet, the student will be notified in writing within one (1) week of the decision of the team, and the accommodations will be continued or modified as deemed appropriate. Receiving temporary accommodations does not guarantee that the committee will approve ongoing accommodations. If the committee denies the accommodation request, the temporary accommodations will cease immediately following the committee decision
In the event that a student has a specific complaint regarding the University’s compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the student are encouraged to work with the person most directly involved to resolve the matter informally. Contact with the Director of Accessibility Services should also be made for all complaints
If the matter cannot be resolved informally, the following procedures shall be adhered to, in order to initiate a formal grievance:
A summary of the actions the student have taken to resolve this matter informally. Submit a written grievance to the Chief Student Affairs Officer within 45 days of the event. The grievance must include:
- A clear statement with a description of the University policy, ADA, and action which the student feels has been violated.
- The date of any action which a description.
- The names of all University employees involved.
- Summary of the actions taken to resolve this matter informally
- The Chief Student Affairs Officer (or his/her designee) shall meet with the student within 2 weeks of the receipt of the grievance. If this meeting does not resolve the grievance, the Chief Student Affairs Officer will conduct an administrative review.
- The Chief Student Affairs Officer will furnish the student with a grievance finding within thirty (30) working days of the meeting with the student. The writing response of the Chief Student Affairs Officer will be considered final. The Office of General Counsel will be consulted as needed.
The Dean of Students can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org