Students who have been fully certified by the California Community College system as having fulfilled the CSU-GE or IGETC requirements for all general education areas may have all University of La Verne general education areas fulfilled, with the exception of university or major specific requirements and the La Verne Experience requirements. Students who have not fulfilled the IGETC or CSU-GE requirements are still eligible to apply for admission, however, they will then follow the La Verne General Education (LVGE) requirements once enrolled at La Verne.
CSU-GE and IGETC Guidelines
The university honors CSU-GE and IGETC general education certifications during the initial evaluation process. There are three ways in which these guidelines may be applied:
- Students who have been fully certified by the California Community College system as having fulfilled the CSU-GE or IGETC requirements for all general education areas may have all University of La Verne general education areas fulfilled, with the exception of university or major specific requirements and the La Verne Experience requirements.
- Students who have been partially certified by the California community college as having fulfilled specific CSU-GE or IGETC requirements may have the corresponding University of La Verne general education areas fulfilled.
- Courses that are certified to meet particular CSU-GE or IGETC general education requirements may be applied to corresponding University of La Verne general education requirements.
For students who have not completed the IGETC or CSU-GE pattern, our conversion charts may be used to identify which courses at the community college on the IGETC or CSU track will fulfill a specific LVGE requirement to determine what courses will transfer and
Accredited Four-Year Colleges and Universities
Credit earned from regionally accredited four-year colleges and universities is transferable to the University of La Verne if this earned credit was completed as work applicable towards an undergraduate degree from the credit-granting institution.
Military and ROTC
- Six semester hours of lower division credit will be awarded for basic military training.
- A maximum of 44 semester hours of total military credit may be transferred.
- Credit for ROTC (or other comparable military courses taken at a college or university) will be granted on the basis of one semester hour of credit per semester of enrollment, up to a maximum of eight semester hours.
Courses taken for a specific major, including pre-reqs, must be approved by faculty from that department. Once confirmed, students will meet one-on-one with a faculty member or advisor who will determine what major-specific courses will transfer.
Questions regarding transferable courses can be directed to the Transfer and Evaluation Center at (909) 448-4002.