Student Outreach and Support, The Randall Lewis Center for Well-Being & Research, and The Office of Religious and Spiritual Life have complied resources to assist the Leo Community during this trying time. The university expressly disclaims any and all responsibility for any problems that may arise with regard to utilizing these services.
If you are aware of resources that are not listed below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to have them added to the list.
Spiritual Well-Being Resources
Click Here for the Infographic:
University of La Verne Resources
Tips for Spiritual Practices in this Challenging Time
This is a list of 13 spiritual practices you can do right now to support your spiritual well-being!
Online Meditation and Online Yoga are available for students. All classes are free for students.
Virtual Spiritual Life Group Meetings
Virtual small groups for Bible study, Sacred Text study, small group discussions, prayer and spiritual practices.
Spiritual Life on Social Media
For Spiritual Life Programming and social connection, access the following clubs and offices on Instagram.
Common Ground: @ulv_common_ground
Catholics in Action: @cia_ulv
Muslim Student Association: @msalaverne
Office of Religious and Spiritual Life: @ulvinterfaith
Virtual Worship Services
This is a list of Virtual Worship Services from our local interfaith community. Immerse yourself in an interfaith experience and be inspired!
Pastoral Care and Support
Rev. Zandra Wagoner is available for online support and pastoral care via WebEx, FaceTime, Google Hangouts, or Skype. If you would like to schedule an appointment, please send an email to Rev. Wagoner at email@example.com.
Additional Helpful Resources
Grief is often isolating. But it doesn’t have to be anymore! Regardless of your ability to find local supportive services, HealGrief has made it possible to connect on a whole new level. It’s time to be heard, feel understood and connect with others who understand your journey.
Apps for Spiritual Well-Being
Check out this list of apps to support your spiritual journey and keep you spiritually-inspired. The list is separated into two categories: 1) General Spiritual Wellness Apps and 2) Interfaith and Religion-Specific Apps.
News and Articles of Hope and Goodwill During the Coronavirus
Support your spiritual well-being with these recent acts of compassion, wisdom, and love as spiritual communities respond to the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Body of Christ Has Covid-19 (Christian perspective)
- How I Discovered Treasure in Islam in Quarantine (Muslim perspective)
- What the Joyous Solitude of Early Hermits Can Teach Us About Being Alone (Christian history)
- Spiritual Health Care: Social Distancing Without Social Isolation (Christian perspective)
- We asked rabbis for their spiritual guidance in handling the coronavirus crisis. Here’s what they said (Jewish perspective)
- 6 Spiritual Prescriptions for Coronavirus (Jewish perspective)
- Let’s take enforced social distancing for what it is: A life intervention (Sikh perspective)
- Sikh’s to the rescue again: Community cooks free meals for over 30,000 in isolation in New York
- Zoom Shabbat, Drive-through confessional: Faith During Coronavirus