A phone, a direct dial number and an office extension will be provided to all faculty and staff. Please follow the instructions below to initialize the voice-mail system.
To reset the name and password on a telephone previously used, please contact the Help Desk at x4130 and a new default password will be sent directly to your email address.
First Time User Voice Mail Setup
- Press the Messages Icon on the right panel next to the key panel.
- A voice will prompt you to enter a password.
- Please enter the default password Cisco (24726)
- A voice will prompt you to activate your account by recording your name in your voice.
- A voice will prompt you to activate your personal password. Please choose a password and enter the numbers and register your information on the telephone.
- Once finished the system will confirm the registration and users can end the call.
Voice-mail Retrieval Using Outlook
Voice-mail will appear in the Outlook application and can be played on the computer using a wav.file
- Once played on the computer, the red light on the receiver will disappear and the message will be automatically reclassified as saved
- Outlook voice-mail files can be saved and forwarded.
- Voice messages in wav.file format cannot be replied to by using the Outlook application
Voice-mail Retrieval Using the Messages Icon on the Telephone Unit
Voice-mail may be accessed by using the Message Icon
- Press the Message Icon
- Enter your personal PIN
- Press #
Voicemail Retrieval Using Remote Dial-In
- Dial 909-448-Your extension
- Listen for your voice greeting
- Once you hear the voice greeting, please press the * Button
- Enter your User ID (Your Extension)
- Enter your Password
“You have reached the mailbox of _____________I’m not able to take your call right now, but if you leave your name, telephone number, and message after the tone, I will return your call as soon as I am available. Thank you for calling.”
You can record a Temporary Greeting to be played when you are out of the office or on vacation. The Temporary Greeting can be set to expire on a specific date (Month, Day, Time) through the Message system. Once the timed greeting has expired, the previously recorded greeting is again played.
University DID- Direct Dial Numbers:
The new Cisco IP phone system generates a Direct Dial number for all faculty and staff. Please note the following area codes and prefixes that apply to each campus:
|Bakersfield Campus:||661-861-XXXX (Your Extension)|
|Burbank Campus:||818-295-XXXX (Your Extension)|
|College of Law:||909-460-XXXX (Your Extension)|
|Irvine Campus:||714-505-XXXX (Your Extension)|
|Main Campus:||909-448-XXXX (Your Extension)|
|Inland Empire Campus:||909-937-XXXX (Your Extension)|
|Oxnard Campus:||805-981-XXXX (Your Extension)|
|P.T. Mugu Campus:||805-986-XXXX (Your Extension)|
|San Luis Obispo Campus:||805-788-XXXX (Your Extension)|
|Vandenberg Campus:||805-734-XXXX (Your Extension)|
|Victorville:||760-955-XXXX (Your Extension)|