- Question What is the deadline to apply for graduation?
Deadline to apply for all graduate and undergraduate students is March 1, 2023. Deadline to apply for all Doctoral students is April 1, 2023.
- Question How will the commencement ceremonies be split and how will I know which ceremony to attend?
There will be one ceremony for each of the four colleges:
- College of Arts and Science (CAS) (Associate, Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral Candidates)
- College of Business and Public Management (CBPM) (Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral Candidates)
- College of Health and Community Well-Being (COH) (Bachelor and Master Candidates)
- College of Law (COL) (Juris Doctor Candidates only)
- LaFetra College of Education (LFCE) (Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral Candidates)
Your degree/major that you are earning will dictate which ceremony you will attend.
- Question What are the requirements for me to be cleared for the commencement this May?
You must apply for graduation and your academic advisor will clear you to participate in commencement.
- Question What do I need to do to make sure that I can participate in the commencement this May?
Once you are cleared, you will receive information from the Commencement Office. You will need to purchase your cap and gown (regalia), fill out the commencement participation form which that you will receive your ticket information.
If you do not fill out the participation form, you will not receive your guest tickets.
- Question How many guest tickets will each graduate receive?
We are looking to give out at least 4 to 8 guest tickets to each graduating student.
- Question When is Grad Finale and what will take place at this event?
Grad Finale is an optional fair like event taking place on Saturday, February 25, 2023 from 10:00am to 4:00pm in the University Quad at the La Verne campus. Graduates will be able to shop for regalia, diploma frames, class rings, announcements, take photos with a backdrop and professional portraits, as well as speak with a variety of university departments to get information about commencement and career paths. Raffle tickets will be given to all students that check in for an opportunity to win a prize.
- Question How do I know if I am cleared to participate in the commencement ceremony?
The Commencement webpage will post a cleared listed with all students that are cleared for each commencement ceremony. This will be updated every Friday starting March 3 until the end of May.
- Question If I missed the Grad Finale, how do I purchase my cap and gown (regalia)?
You may purchase on-line from Jostens. We will also have two dates that we will sell regalia on the La Verne Campus for last minute: April 26 and May 10 from 12:00-7:00pm in Leo’s Den in the Abraham Campus Center.
- Question I am graduating in Spring of 2023 and have not received any information via email. How can I find out if I am on the mass email list?
Please email the Commencement Office at and inform them that you have yet to receive any information.
Only students that have been cleared to participate in the commencement will be receiving email communications from the Commencement Office and will only be sent to your La Verne student email account.
- Question I completed my degree in Fall of 2022. Would I be considered class of 2022 or 2023, and what will my tassel have?
Your degree will be posted after completion of all degree work and you will receive an email stating that your degree has been posted. Your tassel will represent the class you are graduating from which would be 2023.
- Question I would like to purchase my regalia, but I am unable to make it to campus. What steps should I take?
Sashes, cap and gowns are available for purchase online through Jostens. Please keep in mind that the last day to purchase regalia online is April 7, 2023. Regalia delivery can take up to six weeks, so it is recommended that you purchase as soon as possible.
You may also purchase additional alumni related items through the University of La Verne’s Campus Store.
- Question What is the color of the academic regalia (cap and gown)?
Official ULV regalia colors are as follows: Bachelor student regalia includes a black gown and mortarboard, a green tassel, and a hood with white velvet lining. Master student regalia includes a black gown and mortarboard, a black tassel, and a hood with the color of the velvet lining varying by degree.
- Question Who should I contact from Jostens for questions or concerns about regalia?
Please contact Jostens representative Jackie Springer.
- Question I am a doctoral student and cannot find my regalia on the Jostens website. Who should I contact about this matter?
Please contact Jostens representative Jackie Springer.
- Question What are the dates and times of each graduation ceremony for Spring 2022?
The Commencement ceremonies will be announced at a later time.
- Question How long will each commencement ceremony last?
Each ceremony may last up to 2½ to 3 hours.
- Question How do I order doctoral regalia?
For doctoral regalia, please contact the head of your department for more information on the ordering process or contact Jostens representative Jackie Springer.
- Question I have applied for graduation, but I have not received a confirmation email stating I am cleared to walk/participate. Who should I contact about this matter?
Being cleared for graduation is done by your advisor, Academic Advising and Graduate Academic Services. Please contact them directly, instead of the Commencement Office. A cleared list of students will be posted on the Commencement website starting March 3, 2023 and updated every Friday until Commencement.
- Question I would like to wear a customized stole during the graduation ceremony. Is this allowed?
If you have made a customized stole, please send a picture of it to email@example.com to receive approval first. The Commencement office will not approve stoles or sashes with vulgar language, offensive or obscene images.
You may now purchase a custom-made stole on the Jostens website.
Up to 8 different sections can be customized with your College, ULV, University of La Verne, Campus, Logo etc.
- Question What if myself as a student or one of my guests has special needs?
Please contact Veronica Ashcroft.
- Question Where can guests or participants park for the commencement ceremonies?
No permits will be required to park in our various University lots and parking structure. Do not park on residential streets and restricted parking areas. Surrounding streets may be available for parking, however, we recommend that you follow all street signs and restrictions. La Verne Police department will issue tickets if time limits are not followed.
- Question What time should I arrive to check in for the commencement ceremony?
Graduating students should arrive at least 90 minutes before the ceremony starts. Gates for the stadium will open at least 60 minutes before the start of the ceremony for guests.
- Question Is there a Baccalaureate Service as part of the Commencement Season?
Yes, there is a Baccalaureate scheduled on Friday, May 26, 2023. Time and Location will be announced at a later date.
- Question Does my vaccination status matter if I would like to participate in Commencement this year? Will any COVID guidelines be in place for the ceremony?
Masks may be highly encouraged to be worn, but the event will take place outdoors and no vaccinations or a negative COVID test will be needed to attend the commencement ceremonies. As a reminder that commencement is a highly populated gathering and COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness. All should advise.
- Question What should I do if I have a question that is not answered on this page?
Please contact the appropriate department regarding your question:
- Registrar’s Office
- Graduate Academic Services
- Office of Academic Advising (main campus traditional undergraduate students)
- Regional and Online Campuses Director and Academic Advisor:
- Office of Commencement
- Question Will accessibility parking be available?
Accessibility parking is available in university parking lots and the parking structure on a first-come, first-serve basis. If parking in an accessibility parking location, be sure to have your DMV-issued placard displayed in your vehicle. Individuals who have special needs may unload their vehicles in front of Miller Hall on C Street and park in another area.
- Question Is there ADA-compliant guest seating?
Yes. There will be two tented areas on the field for ADA-compliant guest seating, where one extra person may sit.
- Question Do I need to wear a mask during the event?
The University of La Verne is following the Los Angeles County COVID-19 health guidelines. Masks are highly encouraged. If you feel sick, please stay home.
- Question Do children need a ticket to attend the ceremony?
All guests arriving in-person must have a ticket for entry. Children three years of age and younger do not need a ticket to attend.
- Question Can I wear footwear with heels on the football stadium field?
No heels are allowed on the Ortmayer Stadium football field. Please arrive with appropriate footwear.
- Question Can I bring any food or water into the stadium?
Water bottles are permitted. Filtered water refill stations will be available for guests.
- Question Can I bring strollers, balloons, or posters to the ceremonies?
No. Strollers, balloons, posters, or anything that may obstruct the view of any audience members will not be allowed inside Ortmayer Stadium.
- Question Will there be vendors at the event?
Yes. Commencement vendors will be on site to sell flowers, leis, and other goodies. Debit and credit cards will be accepted. No cash will be accepted for purchases.
- Question Will the university bookstore be open?
Yes. The university bookstore will be open from 9:00am to 7:00pm on Friday, May 27 and 8:00am to 7:00pm on Saturday, May 28. Visit the store online.
- Question Will I receive an image of myself walking across the stage?
Our photography vendor, Grad Images, will take photos of each graduate on stage and they will contact you through your student email regarding purchasing options.
- Question What if I do not have my regalia?
If you have not purchased your cap and gown, you may purchase it the day of commencement at the Information Booth for $100.