Students enrolled at the University of La Verne may transfer courses from other institutions in order to fulfill general elective, general education or major requirements. In order to guarantee a course will transfer to fulfill any of the requirements mentioned above, approval from the Office of the Registrar must be obtained prior to enrolling and completing the course in question.
Fulfilling Major Requirements
If you would like to transfer a course to fulfill a major requirement, the course must be taken at an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the University of La Verne. In addition, the course must be approved by your major department. Before taking a course, please meet with your advisor to discuss your options.
Fulfilling General Education or General Elective requirements
If you would like to take a course to fulfill general education or general elective requirements, the course must be taken at an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the University of La Verne and the course must be at the baccalaureate level. Students may transfer a maximum of 88 semester hours of baccalaureate level credits.
General Education Track I – prior to Fall 2015
If you matriculated to the University of La Verne prior to Fall 2015 (For more information about GE Track I requirements, please contact Academic Advising; ROC/CAPA students should contact their academic advisor.)
- The university has established Transfer Agreement Plans with many local California Community Colleges. Before submitting a request, please consult these agreements to determine if the course has already been reviewed and approved.
- If the institution and/or course is not listed on the Articulation Agreements webpage, please submit a request to review by completing the GE Track I Transfer Credit Review Form.
La Verne General Education (LVGE) – Fall 2015 and later
If you matriculated to the University of La Verne Fall 2015 or later, you must complete La Verne General Education (LVGE) requirements. (For more information about LVGE requirements, main campus students should contact Academic Advising; ROC/CAPA students should contact their academic advisor.)
Is your course from a California Community College (CCC)?
- The University articulates courses from CCCs in accordance with the California State University system. Courses applicable for general elective credit and/or to fulfill general education requirements can be found at Assist.org.
- For specific information if a regionally accredited CCC course can be used to fulfill a general education requirement at the University of La Verne, please reference the CSU-GE or IGETC conversion charts.
- To submit a request to review a course, complete the LVGE Transfer Credit Review Form.
Is your course from somewhere other than a California Community College?
- If the institution is not part of the CCC system, please submit a request to review by completing the LVGE Transfer Credit Review Form.