Bypass the primary and secondary navigation and continue reading the main body of the page

Graduate Academic Services

Graduate Academic Services helps graduate and doctoral students accomplish their educational goals by ensuring university-wide standards of quality, access, and equity in graduate and doctoral programs. Our ultimate goal is to help our diverse student population feel taken care of and valued as members of the university community. We achieve this through accurate and timely communication, upholding university and departmental policies, and providing checks and balances as students navigate their way through their educational journey at the University of La Verne.

Graduate Advising

Graduate students are advised by the program advisor or chairperson for their respective program. Graduate students seeking academic advising should contact the appropriate academic department or enrolled campus if not attending Main.

A professional academic advisor is available for every student.  For further information please contact the regional campus or military center of your choice (listed below).

La Verne Online (909) 448-4086
Bakersfield (661) 861-6800
Burbank (818) 295-6500
Irvine (714) 505-6936
Ontario (909) 937-6985
Naval Base Ventura County (805) 986-6900
Vandenberg Space Force Base (805) 734-6220


Late Registration/Adds ( See academic calendar for deadlines )

Students desiring to register or add after the add deadline, can only do so with a registration form (Program Change Form) signed by Instructor and signature from Graduate Academic Services.  An Appeal fee will also be applied with any tuition owed, due prior to registration being processed.


Drops and Withdrawals

Students can review the Academic Calendar for semester drop deadlines and refunds:


2023-24 Academic Calendar

It is the student ‘s responsibility to drop or withdraw from courses they are no longer attending or wish to complete. Since this may have financial impact please consult with your program advisor, student accounts or financial aid if you decide to drop/withdrawal from a course.