For Students: The Federal Work Study Community Service Program (FWS-CSP) is a wonderful opportunity for students to engage with local non-profits organizations in La Verne, Pomona, or the Inland Empire to gain real world career experience, positively impact the community, and earn money.
This opportunity seeks to connect Federal Work Study eligible students with community partners in accordance with Federal Work Study Community Service guidelines. The University of La Verne’s Offices of Civic and Community Engagement (OCCE) and Financial Aid are co-administering this program. You must be awarded Federal Work Study (FWS) to apply for a FWS Community Service job. To begin the process, follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Accept your FWS award on MyLaVerne.
- Step 2: Search the FWS-Community Service Job Board, contact the supervisor for an interview.
- Step 3: Download, review and complete the forms below. Submit your forms to the Office of Financial Aid. Your application will not be processed until all your forms are submitted and reviewed.
|Documents and Forms||Description|
|FWS-CS Checklist||Checklist outline of the process steps.|
|FWS-CS Student Employment Application||Student employee application.|
|Federal I-9 form||Employment eligibility verification.|
|Federal W-4 form||Exemption and withholding.|
|DE-4 form||Employee withholding allowance certificate.|
|Worker’s Compensation HR Memo||Worker’s compensation human resources memo.|
|Worker’s Compensation MPN||Worker’s compensation MPN.|
|Off-Campus Authorization Form||Federal work study community service authorization to Hire.|
|Drug and Alcohol policy||Drug and alcohol policy information.|
|Unemployment Insurance Pamphlet||Unemployment Insurance information.|
- Step 4: Go through the FWS Community Service Orientation. Check the OCCE website for dates and times.
- Step 5: Receive on-site orientation from the site supervisor.