The 2022-2023 on-campus housing application opens March 1!
Freshmen, new graduate students, and new transfer students may apply for housing once they have been admitted to the university and have submitted the tuition deposit to the Office of Admission through the application portal. The tuition deposit confirms your intent to attend the University of La Verne and will give you student access to the LaVerne Portal. Once you have confirmed your intention, you may apply for housing by logging into the La Verne Portal and select the application for housing.
How to Apply
Step 1: Log into the La Verne Portal. (If you are a first-time user, please follow instructions under “Login for New Users” to access the portal.)
- Click on “Housing” under the Student Resources section.
- Next, click on “Student Services and Financial Aid” to find the link “Apply for Housing.”
Step 2: Complete Application. The application consists of THREE (3) main steps:
- Select the application period; complete background information; indicate building/room type preferences; and electronically sign the Housing License Agreement (also known as the contract), select meal plan, and answer lifestyle/roommate questionnaires.
- Pay the $100 non-refundable housing application/activity fee. Your application is considered “complete” once payment is submitted.
- Complete optional pages of the application, such as signing up for renter’s insurance.
Step 3: Room Placement. Students completing application by May 6, 2022 (Priority Date) may be eligible for the “Room Placement” process which is completed by June 15. Application and fees received AFTER May 6, 2022 will be offered space based on availability.
Please note – All students must be fully vaccinated/boosted against COVID-19 prior to move-in date. Exemption process available for those with medical, religious, or ADA reasons. Room placement is determined by the following: a) Application Payment Date, b) Distance, c) Class level, and d) Housing Insecurity. Students should apply as early as possible to try to ensure a placement. We will continue to place students as spaces are available until move-in.
You will be notified by email (your University of La Verne email address, which can be accessed from the La Verne Portal) when your housing assignment is ready.
Housing Application Timeline for New Students
|March 1||Online application period opens|
|Mat 6||Priority Date|
|June 15||Room Placement Notifications sent out to new students.|
|July 23||Deadline to enroll in classes and fulfill financial arrangement with Student Accounts Office|
|August 15||New International Student – Move-In Date|
|August 20||Move-In Day (Time slots TBD)|
|August 20||Last day to cancel confirmed License Agreement to receive 100% refund (before you designated check-in date/time)|