Frequently Asked Questions

Is the COVID-19 vaccine required to live on-campus for 2022-2023 academic year?

To prepare for a safe fall return, students living in on-campus housing must be fully vaccinated  and boosted against COVID-19 before move-in. Exemptions are limited to medical, religious, or ADA reasons. Visit our COVID-19 Vaccine Policy page for more information on the full policy, submitting documentation, and the exemption process and form.

What is the Community Engagement Grant?

Students who live on-campus are eligible for a Community Engagement Grant in the amount of $2,000-$4,000 for the 2022-2023 academic year to help offset on-campus housing costs. Your specific amount awarded to you will based upon your financial need, which is determined by the Office of Financial Aid.

How much is the housing application/activity fee for 2022-2023?

The non-refundable fee included in the application is a $100.00 housing application/activity fee. Your application will not be considered complete until the fee is submitted.

Is the housing application/activity fee refundable?

The fee is non-refundable unless we cannot offer you a space in housing. Please contact Housing at regarding any refund requests.

Are first-year students required to live on campus?

No, at this time, first-year students are not required to live on campus. However, living on-campus is HIGHLY encouraged, especially during your first year of college.

How do I go about requesting a room switch?

To request a room switch, all residents involved must submit a Room Switch Request Form located under “Resident Forms” on our main housing page of the website. The request will only be reviewed after we receive an email request from ALL residents involved in the switch – there will be no exception. To contact your roommate, please reference the “how to contact your roommate” FAQ below.

Do the Leo Dollars roll over to the next semester/term/trimester?

Yes, the Leo Dollars roll over from Fall to Spring,  but not from academic year to academic year.

How can I get in contact with my roommate prior to move-in day?

You may contact your roommates via the housing application portal. The housing portal is accessible through MyLaVerne. Once you are in the portal, follow these steps to contact your roommate(s):

  1. Click on Application
  2. Click on “Step 14” confirmation page of the application
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you get to “Occupancy Information”
  4. The screen names listed are those of your roommate(s) (e.g. JDoe123)
  5. To create a new message, click on the drop down box near your name located on the top right. Click “New messages” to create a new message.
  6. Insert your roommates screen name in the “To” field.

Can graduate students live on-campus? Can CAPA (23 and older undergraduate students) live on-campus?

Yes, specific communities/spaces for graduate students and non-traditional undergraduate students (22 and older) are available in Vista La Verne or Oaks. Please keep in mind that the majority of our residents are traditional-aged undergraduates.

What if I don’t get along with my roommate?

We encourage students to resolve conflicts with their roommate first.  If needed, seek assistance from your Resident Assistants (RAs) and Resident Directors (RDs) to resolve the conflicts. If you do not find the solutions satisfactory, you may request for a room switch by completing the Room Switch Form and submit your assigned Resident Director.

What if I decide I want to cancel my housing agreement?

Housing agreements is a binding contract for the FULL academic year. For more information on the cancellation policy, please refer to the terms and conditions. If you wish to proceed with the cancellation, please follow the instructions here.

Do I have to be on a meal plan?

All residents living on campus are required to have a meal plan. Undergraduate students must be on a traditional 10, 14, or 19 weekly meal plan or a 150 or 200 Block Plan. Graduate students or residents may choose the option to be on a traditional meal plan or a 500 Leo Dollar Plan.

Can I change my meal plan?

To change your meal plan, complete the Meal Plan Change Form. You may increase your meal plan anytime during the semester. Decreasing a meal plan is limited to the first two weeks of the semester or term only.

Is there a curfew?

No. However, “quiet hours” are enforced 11:00 pm to 8:00 am every day.


F.A.Q. Recommendations

Feel free to list any F.A.Q.'s that you don't see on our website and would like them to be answered and posted on our F.A.Q. page. If you want your question answered immediately, please email us at
  • Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY