University of La Verne’s dining service provided is Bon Appetit Management Company. Please note that dining information is subject to change. Please contact Bon Appetit at 909-448-4438 or visit their website for the latest updates.
Curious to know what is on the menu for the day? Sign up for Menu Mail to receive a daily menu from Bon Appetit to your email.
The Spot Dining Hall – Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday 7:00am-8:00pm (Weekdays)
|9:30am – 11:00am
Saturday and Sunday 10:00am-7:00pm (Weekends)
|10:00am – 2:00pm
|5:00pm – 8:00pm
|11:00am – 8:00pm
Barbara’s Place Hours
Barbara’s Place hours of operation will reflect Campus Centers Hours of Operation:
|Monday – Friday
|7:00 am to 10:00 pm (hot food from 7:30 am to 10:00 pm)
|Late Night Swipe*
|8:00 pm – 10:00 pm
|7:00 am to 7:00 pm (coffee bar & grab + go service)
LATE NIGHT SWIPES*
Now introducing the ability to use a meal swipe* at Barbara’s Place from 8:00 p.m. –10:00 p.m.
‘Meal Swipes’ refer to those included in 8 / 10 / 14 / 19 weekly plans and 100 / 150 block plans.
*Meal equivalence includes one daily special entrée, two daily special sides, and one large fountain beverage.
Grab and go items are not included in promotion.
A meal plan is required for all residents living in on-campus housing. There are five meal plan options for undergraduate students (click here for information on prices):
|8 meals per week + $100 Leo Dollars (only available to Commuter students and Seniors, Graduate students and CAPA students in the Residence Halls)
|10 meals per week + $200 Leo Dollars
|14 meals per week + $100 Leo Dollars
|19 meals per week + $25 Leo Dollars
|100 Meal Block Plan (Commuter Students Only)
|150 Meal Block Plan + $100 Leo Dollars
- Commuter students also can be on one of the above meal plans or have an option of a 100 Block Plan or 8 meals per week plan. To request a meal plan, please fill out this form.
- Seniors, Graduate students and CAPA Students can apply to receive 8 meals per week plan by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Your student ID is your meal card, you MUST present your card to the attendants at all dining locations in order to use your meal plan.
Leo Dollars can be used at The Spot Dining Hall or at Barbara’s Place. Meal Swipes can only be used at The Spot Dining Hall.
Leo Dining Dollars
Commuters who wish to purchase Leo Dollars -or- Residential Students who wish to add more Leo Dollars to their meal plan: You can do so by going through the Office of Student Accounts. Purchases can be made in a variety of ways for your convenience:
- Online through your student portal: La Verne Portal
- Click on Financial Aid and Student Accounts
- Click on Student Account Services
- Click on My Student Account Center
- Under Available Items, chose the option for your Leo Dollars purchase ($100 increments or $500)
- Leo Dollars can be purchased in person at the Student Accounts Office located in Woody Hall on the Main Campus using cash, check or credit card (VISA, MasterCard or Discover)
- Can be purchased in $100 increments up to $500.
Meal Plan Activation
Your meal plan will be activated on the first day of meals on the first day of the semester and end on the last day of the semester.
Changing Your Meal Plan
You may change your meal plan during the first two weeks of the semester or term. To change your meal plan, complete the Meal Plan Change Form.
The Spot “To Go” Policy
In order to promote a sustainable environment on campus, and to provide our busy resident students with the greatest dining flexibility, Bon Appetit will provide each resident student with a reusable “Eco-container” with a $5.00 deposit. The deposit is refundable at the end of the year when you return the to-go container in “usable condition.” If the container is lost, stolen or damaged thee $5.00 deposit is forfeited. If you do not wish to use the eco-to go tray you can purchase a one-time disposable tray for $0.50.
“To Go” Guidelines
- Bring in your dirty “Eco-container” and exchange it for a clean one when you arrive at The Spot.
- You may either dine in, or takeout food during a meal period. You may not do both.
- Please be mindful of waste! Take only what you can reasonably eat.
Please know that the privilege of taking food out of The Spot can be revoked at any time at the discretion of Bon Appetit management and the Director of Housing and Residential Life.
In the event you are unable to make it to The Spot for a meal due to a documented illness, you may send a friend to the dining hall with your ID to bring a meal to you. This requires a phone call to ext. 4438 a minimum of 1 hour prior to the meal being picked up. You will need to provide the following information:
- Your Name
- Your Student ID number
- Your extension/cell phone number
- Name of student picking up your meal
- Special Needs-(We make a mean cup of hot chicken broth and crackers!)
Should you be in need of a special diet for health or personal reasons, please call ext. 4438 to schedule a meeting to discuss your special needs.
Cancelling Your Meal Plan
All residents living on campus are required to have a meal plan. Minimum plans are 10 meal plans for semester students, and $500 Leo Dollars for Graduate students. A meal plan may be cancelled only if a resident moves out of the residence halls (please see housing cancellation policy) or if its determined that a resident requires a health related special diet (documentation maybe required) that is not able to be met by our Chef.