University of La Verne’s dining service provided is Bon Appetit Management Company. Please note that dining information is subject to change. Please contact Bon Appetit at 909-448-4438 or visit their site for the latest updates. In alignment with Los Angeles County Department of Public Health guidance, the following measures are being put in place to maintain a safe and healthy on-campus dining experience.
The Spot Dining Hall Hours of Operation for Fall 2020 (during remote learning)
Mondays – Fridays only (No weekend dining service)
|Dinner||4:30pm – 6:00pm|
The Spot Dining Hall Normal Hours of Operation
|Dinner||5:00pm – 8:00pm|
On weekends, the dining hall will NOT be open for continuous dining between the set hours above.
Saturday, Sunday, and some Holidays
|Brunch||10:00am – 2:00pm|
|Dinner||5:00pm – 8:00pm|
Barbara’s Place Hours (Not open during remote learning period)
Monday – Thursday: 7:00am – 10:00pm
Friday: 7:00am- 8:00pm
Saturday, Sunday, & Holidays: 11:00am-7:00pm
- The Spot will operate with occupancy limited such that number of guests at any one time can easily maintain six-foot distancing from one another while not exceeding 60 percent of maximum occupancy at any time. Once capacity has been reached, guest will be provided the option of a to-go tray/meal.
- Barbara’s Place will provide primarily to-go service (i.e. no eat-in).
- Tables and chairs will be removed/relocated to support physical distancing.
- Cleaning and disinfecting: Bon Appetit staff will engage in consistent cleaning and disinfection of tables and other high contact surfaces in the Spot and Barbara’s Place during service hours.
- Utensils and condiments will consist of individual/single use utensils and condiments.
- All guest will be required to engage in social distancing and wear a face covering while in The Spot or Barbara’s Place (except for when actually eating), and asked to engage in COVID-19 health etiquette, including staying home if sick or ill.
- Meal service will move away from buffet and self-service to staff service and pre-packaged servings. Personal refillable bottles will not be permitted.
- Reception station and food station will have glass or plexiglass partitions.
- Guest are encouraged to purchase meal plans, Leo Dollars, or use credit cards in lieu of cash.
- Limits will be placed on length of times guests may dine in and congregate.
- One-way foot traffic patterns will be established through The Spot and Barbara’s Place (this will include visual cues and signs).
- Dining staff will engage in safety and preventative actions including: participation in mandatory training on COVID-19 and food preparation hygiene, symptom and temperature checks prior to starting work, and use of PPE, including face coverings and gloves.
- Kitchen operations have been redesigned to achieve physical distancing between employees and guests.
- Guests are highly discouraged from food sharing.
A meal plan is required for all residents living in on-campus housing. There are five meal plan options for undergraduate students:
- 10 meals/week + $200 Leo dollars/semester -or- $135 Leo Dollars/term
- 14 meals/week + $100 Leo dollars/semester – or- $65 Leo Dollars/term
- 19 meals/week + $25 Leo dollars/semester – or- $15 Leo Dollars/term
- 150 Block + $100 Leo dollars/semester – or- $65 Leo Dollars/term
- 200 Block + $50 Leo dollars/semester – or – $35 Leo Dollars/term
***Graduate/Commuter Students have an additional option of a 500 Leo Dollar plan. Commuter students have an option of a 100 Block Plan.
Your student ID is your meal card, you MUST present your card to the attendants at all dining locations in order to use your meal plan.
Leo Dollars can be used at The Spot Dining Hall or at Barbara’s Place. Meal Swipes can only be used at The Spot Dining Hall.
Meal Plan Activation
Your meal plan will be activated on the first day of meals on Monday, August 24th.
Changing Your Meal Plan
You may change your meal plan during the first two weeks of the semester or term. To change your meal plan, complete the Meal Plan Change Form.
The Spot “To Go” Policy
In order to promote a sustainable environment on campus, and to provide our busy resident students with the greatest dining flexibility, Bon Appetit will provide each resident student with a reusable “Eco-container” with a $5.00 deposit. The deposit is refundable at the end of the year when you return the to-go container in “usable condition.” If the container is lost, stolen or damaged thee $5.00 deposit is forfeited. If you do not wish to use the eco-to go tray you can purchase a one-time disposable tray for $0.50.
“To Go” Guidelines
- Bring in your dirty “Eco-container” and exchange it for a clean one when you arrive at The Spot.
- You may either dine in, or takeout food during a meal period. You may not do both.
- Please be mindful of waste! Take only what you can reasonably eat.
Please know that the privilege of taking food out of The Spot can be revoked at any time at the discretion of Bon Appetit management and the Director of Housing and Residential Life.
In the event you are unable to make it to The Spot for a meal due to a documented illness, you may send a friend to the dining hall with your ID to bring a meal to you. This requires a phone call to ext. 4438 o email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of 1 hour prior to the meal being picked up. You will need to provide the following information:
- Your Name
- Your Student ID number
- Your extension/cell phone number
- Name of student picking up your meal
- Special Needs-(We make a mean cup of hot chicken broth and crackers!)
Should you be in need of a special diet for health or personal reasons, please call ext. 4438 to schedule a meeting to discuss your special needs.
Cancelling Your Meal Plan
All residents living on campus are required to have a meal plan. Minimum plans are 10 meal plans for semester students, and $500 Leo Dollars for Graduate students. A meal plan may be cancelled only if a resident moves out of the residence halls (please see housing cancellation policy) or if its determined that a resident requires a health related special diet (documentation maybe required) that is not able to be met by our Chef.