Clearing Paths to Achieve Success
Student Outreach and Support (SOS) works collaboratively with campus and community resources to provide support to students experiencing distress, ensuring the community at large remains safe while the student involved gains the necessary resources to remain successful academically and personally.
- Assist students in distress
- Increase awareness of resources
- Increase understanding of distress
- Provide training on interventions
- Reduce stigma associated with behavioral health needs
- Increase students ability to identify health coping skills
- Increase Awareness of the SOS Behavior & Wellness Referral Report
What We Do
Campus, Assessment, Response and Evaluation (CARE) Network
The CARE Network at the University of La Verne seeks to support and facilitate students in achieving emotional, physical, and social well-being and their academic goals through collaborative efforts, sharing resources, coordination of services, and development of additional resources.
Case Manager for Student Outreach and Support (Network Chair)
Student Health Services
Counseling and Psychological Services
Residence Life and Student Conduct
Academic Support Coordinator
Case Management Support
Higher Education Case Managers coordinate interventions and support efforts across campus and community resources to assist students who are facing crises, experiencing life stressors, and encountering barriers that impede success.
Higher Education Case Managers may:
- Reach out to students and connect them to appropriate resources on- and off-campus
- Maintain contact and meet with students to address needs
- Assist student who have recently been discharged from a hospital due to a behavioral health concern
- Provide training to the Leo community on the management, response and interventions for assisting students in distress
How to Contact the Case Manager
- If you are a student looking to make an appointment on behalf of yourself, please contact the case manager at email@example.com or by calling 909-448-4520.
- If you are a student, faculty or staff looking to make a referral for case management services on behalf of another student, please complete the SOS Behavior & Wellness Referral Report.
- If you are a faculty or staff seeking consultation regarding a student of concern, please contact the case manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 909-448-4520.
Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT)
BIT addresses students, faculty, and staff whose behavior or psychological health condition may be disruptive, harmful or pose a direct threat to themselves or to the health and safety of the university community.
For more information: https://laverne.edu/bit/