The Office of the Registrar maintains academic transcripts for course work for university-approved credit. The Office of the Registrar releases academic record transcripts in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). All transcripts produced are official documents, bear the Registrar’s signature and university seal. All requests for transcripts sent via mail or in-person must be signed by the owner of the record. Students must clear holds on their records before the Office of the Registrar will process a request.
Official transcripts can be ordered in the following ways:
- Online through National Student Clearinghouse, which is the preferred way to order transcripts.
- In person at Woody Hall
- By mail
Orders for official transcripts will not be accepted by fax , phone, or email.
Before placing your order, we recommend you take the following steps:
- Review your unofficial transcript. All of the information contained on your official transcript is available to review on your unofficial transcript. Official transcripts are processed as-is at the time the order is placed, and by proceeding with your order, you confirm that you have reviewed the information on your unofficial transcript. This step is highly recommended for all students, but particularly those that have recently attended or are current students.
- Students who attended prior to 1995 will not be able to access their unofficial transcripts online. Those students may request a copy of their unofficial transcript by contacting email@example.com.
- Have your personal information, including your student ID number and/or social security number at hand.
- Student ID or SSN is required to place an order. All students who attended the University of La Verne after 1995 have a student ID number. If you attended after 1995, but don’t know your ID number, you can submit a request for student ID. Students who attended prior to 1995 can use their social security number when ordering.
- Confirm your preferred delivery method (PDF/electronic transcript or paper transcript) and your recipient’s address.
- We cannot alter recipient information once an order has been placed, so confirming this information before placing your order is critical.
- If you have an attachment, make sure it conforms to our attachment guidelines.
- Visit our Transcript FAQ page.
All official transcripts are $12.00.
Processing time can vary depending on volume, staff availability, and other unforeseen circumstances. Estimated processing times are:
- PDF/Electronic official transcripts: Emailed to recipient within 24 hours after the order is placed.
- In-Person paper official transcripts: Processed within 24 hours after the order is placed. If the official transcript is mailed to the recipient, it will be sent standard USPS, which can take an additional 5-10 business days.
- Mailed paper official transcripts: Processed within 3 business days after the order is placed. Your official transcript will then be sent standard USPS, which can take an additional 5-10 business days.
For students who attended the University of La Verne prior to 1995, processing time may take longer to allow for record retrieval from an offsite facility.
If you have an attachment, we strongly urge you to place your order through National Student Clearinghouse, rather than by mail or in-person.
The following documents may be added to official transcripts, subject to review by Registrar’s Office staff:
- Official University documents or letters
- Cover sheets for internships (for CASPA, LSAT, et al).
Personal statements, resumes, writing samples, and other unofficial documents will not be accepted as attachments to official transcripts.
Unofficial transcripts can be reviewed online by students who attended after 1995 using the following steps:
- Log into MyLaVerne Portal. Organizational login is required.
- Click MyLaVerne under Quicklinks
- Click on Student Services & Financial Aid tab
- Click on View Unofficial Transcript
- View your unofficial transcript to verify all information is correct. Anything on your unofficial transcript will print on your official.
- Select All Levels and Unofficial.
If you attended the University of La Verne before 1995, you can request your unofficial transcript by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The University of La Verne does not provide refunds for transcript orders. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
- All paper copies are mailed out using standard USPS mail. Typical delivery times are 5-10 business days, but may vary due to weather delays or holidays. Once the paper official transcript leaves our office, we are unable to track the transcript or confirm its receipt.
- Our office is closed on certain national and University holidays. Those office closures generally will not impact PDF/electronic transcript processing, but orders for paper official transcripts will not be mailed at those times.
- Please visit our Transcript FAQ page if you have questions. If you placed your order through National Student Clearinghouse, additional resources can be found on their help website.